Old October 10th 07, 07:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
M[_1_]

Default A Sad Accident

On Oct 9, 1:32 pm, "Bob Gardner" wrote:
All we have is press reports at present, and you know how reliable they are.

That's true. However I live in Seattle metro area and the weather
that day was very bad. It was one of those northwest winter stormy
days where you can pretty much expect bad icing over the Cascades, and
very non-VFR conditions over the mountains. Just about the only way
to safely fly over the Cascades on those days would be IFR in known-
ice certified airplanes with a lot of power.

Wind + lots of moisture in the airmass + mountain range = uplift and
very bad icing.