Old July 15th 19, 03:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default DG-101 - increase performance/sealing/winglets(?)

The glider side.

Twenty-five years ago I sealed the canopy of my LS-6a by wrapping the
fuselage side with cellophane and waxed paper, held down with masking
tape, and then shot a bead of clear silicone sealant along the canopy
sealing surface.Â* Then I locked the canopy down and went away for 24
hours.Â* Upon returning I trimmed the squeeze out inside and out with a
razor blade.

It was unbelievably quiet inside!Â* A minor problem was that, on really
hot days, the silicone expanded enough that locking the canopy was
noticeably stiffer.Â* Still not a problem given the benefit.Â* I imagine
that in Belgium, there aren't that many days hot enough to do that.

On 7/14/2019 5:02 PM, Matt McBee wrote:
Dan, did you apply that to the canopy side or the glider side?

Matt

--
Dan, 5J