Old March 16th 04, 04:10 PM
Peter R.

C J Campbell ) wrote:

You
can also save a ton of money just getting Jeppview on CD-ROM and printing
out only those plates that you need on regular paper, punching your own
holes, and putting them in the Acco binder. This is probably a lot cheaper
than using NOS charts, even.

CJ, I have been back and forth with the decision of using JeppView rather
than the standard Airway Manual and I honestly do not see the savings that
you claim.

For example, JeppView Northeast costs $290 for a one-year subscription,
whereas the Airway Manual Northeast cost $330. OK, so $40 dollars cheaper
for the CD version and the time savings of not having to file the paper
revisions every 14 days. So far, so good.

However, include the cost and time spent printing and hole punching,
keeping in mind that a proficient pilot would want to print approaches at
all airports along an x/c route in the event of an emergency, and the cost
and time savings seems to evaporate.

What am I missing that I do not see the "ton of money" savings?

--
Peter