Old June 29th 04, 09:55 AM
Markus

Louis,

my apologies in case my answer might not be correct - I don't hold an
IFR rating.

However, my impression of the NACO chart is that the OGJUN fix
is not an actual fix but rather a Computer Navigation Fix (CNF)
which happens to be named OGJUN on the NACO chart but D040J in
the Jeppesen Electronic Databases. This is also indicated by the
small 'x' on the NACO chart. So, if R-040/10 DME is indeed a CNF,
is it correct that the (NACO) CNF name should not be used in ATC
communication? I wonder why the controller used the name OGJUN in
his communication then.

Consequently, the Jeppesen chart would be correct because there
is no official name for this waypoint but only 'electronic' data-
base names - which are different between Jeppesen and NACO.

Markus