Old June 29th 04, 05:06 PM

"Louis L. Perley III" wrote:

I was flying into KSNY (Sidney, NE) after shooting an approach into KAKO
(Akron, CO) and requested the VOR DME Rwy 12 approach. I told center that I
wanted to do the full approach complete with the DME arc, as I needed
practice with these (currently an instrument student). The controller
cleared me direct to OGJUN. Problem is on the Jeppesen chart the DME arc
shows an IAF for the arc on either the 220 and 040 radials from the VOR with
a DME distance of 10 nm but neither is labeled with any sort of name.
Thankfully my instructor had the other type of approach plate with him and
that has the names labeled so I knew which one to fly to (I could have asked
the controller I guess). So my question is, why doesn't the Jeppesen chart
have the IAFs on the respective arcs labeled with the names? I thought
Jeppesen charts had all the same information that the others did, just a
different overall format?

--
Louis L. Perley III
N46000

Following is the FAA description for fixes at KSNY. NACO is correct in charting
them. Jeppesen is not correct if they are still using internally generated
CNFs. You are also correct that ATC should not be using CNFs in clearances, but
water tends to flow in that direction, so to speak. CNFs do not have to be
pronouncable for that reason. Try saying CFDKO. ;-)

SIDNEY, NE 26109
SIDNEY MUNI / LLOYD W. CARR FLD (SNY)
86043

0
NAVIGATIONAL AIDS
46939

0
SNY 41 05 48.0 N 102 58 58.8 W -13 04300 VORTAC
91753

0
TERMINAL INSTRUMENT FIXES
74627