Old January 20th 04, 08:53 PM
Marco Leon

Ahh. I forgot Airnav has fixes. Thanks. I believe that answers my question.
Since the flight plan I entered in the AOPA Flight Planner had an altitude
of only 8,000 feet, then it seems that it is a low-severity defect in the
planner.

Marco

"Dave Butler" wrote in message
Marco Leon wrote:
Hi all. What does it mean when there's an alternate intersection name in
brackets in the new AOPA Flight Planner? As an example, there's an
intersection just south of the Wash D.C. Class B where V286 and V16

cross.
It's called TAPPA but the new AOPA flight planner also has [VIPKE] in
brackets. It also chose to highlight VIPKE on the enroute map as opposed

TAPPA. The Jepp enroute chart simply has this as TAPPA with no alternate
names. I also can't seem to find this symbology anywhere else on the

Jepp
chart.

Is VIPKE a high-altitude/jet route name for the same intersection?

Anyone
know? Clicking on the intersection yields no clues.

Here's what http://www.airnav.com says about it:

Name: VIPKE
Identifier: VIPKE
Location: 37-58-13.210N / 076-50-40.120W (VIRGINIA)
ARTCC: ZDC
Fix to be published? yes
Navaid radial/DME:
Charts: ENROUTE HIGH