Old February 28th 04, 05:24 PM
Bob Gardner

Just look in a book of approach plates, David, and you will see approaches
listed as VOR/DME RNAV.

I have nothing to do with the publication of updates. ASA policy is that
only "safety of flight" information will be updated...everything else waits
for the next edition.

Bob Gardner

"David Brooks" wrote in message
VOR-DME is RNAV too? Now I'm confused.

When can we get those updates, Bob? (I note that asa2fly.com is a little
sparse in the "textbook updates" department).

-- David Brooks

"Bob Gardner" wrote in message
I feel your pain. Since the FAA lumped GPS, Loran, and VOR-DME into one
basket labelled RNAV, I have been going nuts trying to keep my books up

date. The KNS-80 and its ilk are still around, so I have to discuss that
kind of RNAV, but because there are so many approaches labelled RNAV

(GPS),
the potential for confusion is there. It all boils down to the fact that

if
you can fly a random route using any one of the three, you have RNAV.

Bob Gardner

"PaulaJay1" wrote in message
Coming into CLE the other day the controller ask if I had RNAV and I

said
no,
that I was /G ,that is, IFR GPS. He said that it was the same and

gave
me
direct.....
Is it the same, should I have answered yes to his question? Of course

can
navigate direct but do I have "RNAV"?

Chuck