Old March 26th 14, 03:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Towplane-Baron accident

Wow, what a wonderful post!

I wish I had had the opportunity to read these words back in 1988 when my sister and her husband died in a Cessna crash on the side of a mountain in Utah. It took quite a while to come to the same conclusion that Henry points out here. Questions are many, answers are few and there is no way to change it.

Robert

On Wednesday, March 26, 2014 9:47:30 AM UTC-5, Henry Retting wrote:
All pilots screw up son. With over 45,000 hours flying the smallest to the biggest and never scratching any paint, I have screwed up enough to be convince that a GOD does indeed exist and believe that today or tomorrow GOD could be too busy to help. Your father did what all pilots do and reacted to the event the best way he could. I would bet on my son's life that he was all in doing his very best. If you feel he was a good pilot then he was and I also bet he knew and accepted the moment he got out of bed and went into motion risk began. The process of looking for answers to an aircraft accident is cutthroat. It has to be because deep down inside, we know we could be next. It is the 'slicing and dicing' that aviators do going back a hundred years that forces all of us to do our very best, to be held to scrutiny, even after death. Any number of things could have contributed to the accident. Questions without answers. It's tough. But this much I can guarantee, everybody is paying attention and not thinking negative thoughts about your father. Be at peace. R