Old June 4th 18, 09:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default refilling O2 bottles on the road.

On Saturday, June 2, 2018 at 11:34:31 AM UTC-5, kimobear wrote:
When traveling with a motor glider out west ( USA), what do people do, when trying to get their O2 bottles refilled?
I noticed in the notes on airport services available at smaller airport, that most have no O2 refilling services available.
Carrying a full size tank in car to fill from is not an option.

Salutem,
Kimobear
flatlander who likes O2

Every year I receive a checkup with my local doctor. During the visit he provides me with the Basic Med document for powered flight and a prescription for medical O2. I get three E size cylinders filled each spring and then transfer the O2 into my tank that is mounted into the tail boom of the sailplane. For my two weeks of flying out west each year I have enough to cover my needs.