Old July 15th 08, 11:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
clare at snyder dot ontario dot canada

Default Master cylinders

On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 09:26:56 -0400, Ernest Christley
wrote:

Stealth Pilot wrote:

I've never heard of a fire in a light aircraft's brakes so I'll

http://lancair.net/lists/flyrotary/Message/28204.html
Now you have 8*)
For the full story go to http://lancair.net/lists/flyrotary/List.html and enter "brake fire" in the search box.

http://www.vansairforce.com/communit...ead.php?t=4737
And so has Cirrus.

continue using armour braided flexible lines, standard aircraft grade
o-rings and red aviation brake fluid.

My gear retracts, so I pretty much had to use flex lines, but I've concluded that one-off, hand-formed hard lines all
the way out to the brakes is a serious problem waiting to happen. The hand-forming work hardens the aluminum, making it
prone to eventually cracking.

You NEED to anneal aluminum lines after bending.

you realise of course dont you that there are brake fluids designed
for other types of aircraft that you wouldnt want within miles of a
light aircraft. some are quite toxic.
just because it was made for the stealth fighter doesnt mean it is
even remotely suitable for use in cleveland 5.00x5 systems.

It was designed as a drop in replacement. The correct number is MIL-H 83282. This thread contains a little more
information: http://www.vansairforce.com/communit...ead.php?t=4737 Includes information about o-ring compatibility.

If I had a gallon of 5606 sitting on the shelf, I probably wouldn't switch; but if I was looking to buy a gallon, I
would be remiss not to look at the 83282

btw he hasnt replied. do you think I offerred too much for the stuffed
units he has? :-) :-) :-)
Stealth Pilot

Your price was so high that he probably didn't think you were serious. 8*)