Old November 4th 06, 11:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
J. Severyn

Default This year's annual

"A Lieberma" wrote in message
. 18...
It's been a solid week, and I am still not flying in my Sundowner.....

Problems encountered.

Oil analysis came back with high count of copper
#3 cylinder low on compressions

snip
Soo, for the #3 cylinder, A&P was able to field service it and get the
compressions up to 65. Remaining three cylinders are in the 70's.

Allen

Don't give up to quickly on the low compression cylinder. Fly it hard for a
few hours. If the primary leakage is past the rings, it is possible to get
a low reading if the ring gaps are aligned. Fly it and they "should" move
and might surprise you on the next compression test.

If it is valves, try staking the rocker/valve with a soft hammer or block of
wood.. It could be a chip of lead or carbon under the valve seat. Of
course if none of this works, it might be a sign of a failing cylinder.

Hope you get in the air soon.
John Severyn
KLVK