Old November 4th 06, 11:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
A Lieberma

Default This year's annual

"J. Severyn" wrote in
:

Don't give up to quickly on the low compression cylinder. Fly it hard
for a few hours. If the primary leakage is past the rings, it is
possible to get a low reading if the ring gaps are aligned. Fly it
and they "should" move and might surprise you on the next compression
test.

Hey John,

We are doing exactly what you are suggestiong and not giving up the ghost
on the cylinder.

If it is valves, try staking the rocker/valve with a soft hammer or
block of wood.. It could be a chip of lead or carbon under the valve
seat. Of course if none of this works, it might be a sign of a
failing cylinder.

I am not sure *exactly* what the A&P did (I am not mechanically
inclined). He told me it was complete "blow by" where it was passing the
rings. So, he did something to improve it, and I think he did something
what you described above with the rocker / valves but used a different
term.

I asked if I was running the mixture properly and he said I was doing
fine. No lead on the plugs, no lead anywhere to my knowledge.

Hope you get in the air soon.

Me too! I didn't buy a plane to look at it on the ground *smile*

I will know more on Monday. Maybe by the time I get to the airport, they
will have the paint gun in full gear :-)

Allen