Old November 12th 03, 03:08 AM
Kyler Laird

Borislav Deianov writes:

*boggle* I'm not sure which is more shocking - that the FAA would sell
scanned sectionals at all or that somebody would put them up for free
download.

Neither should be shocking. Both should be *expected*. We (taxpayers)
pay for this data collection, right?

THANK YOU!

You're welcome. I'll be thrilled if people find it useful.

BTW, I decided to finally move the ATA-100 data and my old (ug, Perl)
interface over to the same server.
http://aviationtoolbox.org/old/ATA-100/
I find that data to be almost as interesting as the sectionals but I
think it's really going to get interesting when they're combined.

If you are at all worried about the bandwidth, you might want to set
up BitTorrent on your server: http://bitconjurer.org/BitTorrent/

Thank you for the suggestion. BitTorrent is great and, of course,
anyone is welcome to inject this data into it, but I hope some thought
will go into some sort of versioning so that updates will easily
propagate. It shouldn't be necessary though. I got this server with
the intent of serving up useful stuff like this without worrying about
bandwidth usage (as I do with my other colo).

plug
This one is hosted at FDC Servers.
http://www.fdcservers.net/dedicated.html
The bandwidth is "unmetered." If it does bog down, I'll try to upgrade
to a faster plan.
/plug

Seriously...enjoy! No worries.

--kyler