Old July 30th 18, 02:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Godfrey (QT)[_2_]

Default US team silence

On Saturday, July 28, 2018 at 4:17:21 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Friday, July 27, 2018 at 1:20:49 PM UTC-4, wrote:

I've been on usenet newsgroups since before it was called The Internet.

Ah, the ArpaNet, I remember it well. I think I got my
first Unix login around 1973 or 4. There was a lot of
controversy over whether the soc.something newsgroups
should be banned from company networks. Wild and woolly
days.

Jim Beckman

We had one of the first ArpaNet nodes at my school. Sat there on a pallet in the computer room for a while, then this guy named Al came and plugged it in...