Old July 18th 18, 06:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jfitch

Default Dream Panel

On Tuesday, July 17, 2018 at 9:36:53 PM UTC-7, 2G wrote:
On Tuesday, July 17, 2018 at 7:36:26 PM UTC-7, Roy B. wrote:
LX9070 computer with V9 vario, Remote stick, Wifi & AHRS options, KRT2 radio,Trig transponder (w/ADS-B out), 57mm Winter mechanical vario, ASI & altimeter, PowerFlarm feeding Flarmview 2. Solar panel with switching between separate LIpo batteries and ability to run any instrument on either battery and/or charge either battery. Switched gear warn system. Circuit breakers (not fuses), simple compass.
Total Cost about $14,000 USD
ROY

Sounds good, except I would go with the Air Avionics ACD (Air Control Display), paired with the KRT2 and VT-01 Mode S transponder (saves 1 panel cutout). And I would add the Garmin GDL 82 ADS-B. I would also use the Air Avionics altimeter (it's awesome!).

Schleicher has a thing about circuit breakers (?!).

Tom

The Air Avionics ACD is awesome, but has some limitations when used with the KRT2. It will also control a Becker. When you use the ACD-57 as a two or three purpose head, it saves panel cutouts, but you loose some display information as the display is shared. I'd probably do two, one for radio, another for altimeter and xponder control. I'm not certain the VT-01 Mode S is as yet legal in the US as an ADS-B vehicle. Sadly Trig will not let the ACD control their xpdnr.