Old August 12th 13, 03:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

Default Outlanding Award - Feedback Requested

On Monday, August 12, 2013 8:28:28 AM UTC-5, JJ Sinclair wrote:
On Monday, August 12, 2013 5:59:44 AM UTC-7, Jamie Shore wrote:

For a few years now, the Soaring Club of Houston (scoh.org), has had an award called the "Brick" award that gave a trophy for the most out-landings in a year. We are now considering retiring the "Brick" and changing the scope of the award. We want the new trophy to reflect proper planning and execution when landing out rather than just recognizing a high land out rate.

We would love to hear any constructive criticism that you might have. This new award philosophy is very much in its infancy - we are looking for your feedback in this early stage.

Please view the ROUGH DRAFT:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Thanks,

Jamie Shore

Soaring Club of Houston

scoh.org

Nobody wants to get that award! Better to recognize the Best Crewing Award each year.

speak for yourself JJ

I thought the Brick was pretty cool myself. If only my club had that I'd have a whole mantle full of bricks. Might have to reinforce the Mantle...

Draft looks interesting Jamie. I like what you're trying to do. Judging might prove difficult!