Old May 30th 18, 08:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Senna Van den Bosch

Default Good lubricant for assembly

Op woensdag 30 mei 2018 01:56:52 UTC+2 schreef Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot):
Oh, I don't disagree, trust me with my mechanical background.
Dry is among the worst case, crappy lube is better than nothing.

While we strive to be in the "perfect world", Vaseline is way better than nothing.

Not everyone wants to spend "x" dollars on lube, just like some peeps try to do a season with one set of wing tapes to the fuselage.

I am not here to judge, just saying Vaseline is way better than nothing.

I have been chastised when pulling wing tape and balling it up.
I just "wasted" a seasons worth of tape....shame on me......
Thus I use Scotch type 33 white electrical tape. Not a killer on price and easy to get.

I just ordered a small pot of ball bearing grease which Dan Daly suggested to try out, as I used up all my vaseline. I just need them for the main pins to assemble the wings on my DG 101.

I might take a look at Amazon next, when I've tried this one.