Old May 30th 18, 11:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Craig Funston[_3_]

Default Good lubricant for assembly

On Wednesday, May 30, 2018 at 10:32:54 AM UTC-7, Papa3 wrote:
Hey Craig,

For what it's worth... Superlube with PTFE (the one in the tube many of us use) is NLGI rated GC-LB. Per the NLGI folks: "Grease packaging may display the code GC-LB, meaning that it meets the most demanding test standards for both chassis and wheel bearings. Grease products displaying this highest rating meet OEM requirements." Among other comments, it says "Wide temperature grease for use in components such as bearings, chassis and universal joints in passenger cars, trucks, and other vehicles under mild and severe duty.This includes vehicles operated under frequent stop-and-go service (buses, taxis, urban police cars, etc.), or under severe braking service (trailer towing, heavy loading, mountain driving, etc.) (see ASTM D4950)."

Just curious what the specs of the other grease you are using meets. Not doubting you, just looking for data.

P3

HI Eric,

I just switched to Lucas "Red 'n' Tacky". It has the same NLGI GC-LB rating.. I hadn't seen anything in the Superlube literature that talked about extreme pressure suitability. It's entirely possible I missed that.

https://lucasoil.com/products/grease/red-n-tacky-grease

Craig
7Q