Old November 10th 09, 02:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Eric

Default First time passenger in a GA plane - Video

wrote in message
Good advise Ross especially when probably most of the first time
passengers are taking their first ride with a newly minted pilot.

Your suggestion takes the "personal side" out and the instructor
probably can better assess the first timer more objectively and answer
the questions hopefully in a better way then I could myself.

Plus the flying experience of the instructor would hopefully make the
ride for the passenger a little more comfortable especially when the
rubber meets the road on landing. LOL

Good advice... assuming it's the right instructor!

When I was a student, we had a flight scheduled to practice slow flight, stalls, and steep turns.
So the appointed time comes, and my instructor arrives... with his girlfriend in tow. No problem, I
assume given she's his girlfriend she's been in a lightplane before. Nope... it was her first time!

At my instigation, the agenda for that day got changed to some much more tame maneuvers.

Eric Law