Old June 24th 15, 12:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Brian[_1_]

Default Gliders Transponder exemption and Project EVA

While they say the ANPRM applies to gliders, I read this to mean a congress persons interpretation of the rule. The rule actually only mentions gliders twice. Removing the word gliders from the rule would only affect motorgliders aka aircraft with a engine driven power source.

I don't for minute think that they really mean to remove the exception for only gliders with engine driven power sources.

Brian