Old June 24th 15, 04:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bill T

Default Gliders Transponder exemption and Project EVA

Marty, I would like to believe that individuals are doing due diligence and research before speaking (on the forum) or posting to the FAA comment page.. I know I am researching the TABS tech requirements and what that means to gliders or other battery only, or no battery aircraft. The FAA needs to allow battery and wiring installations with field approvals from knowledgeable IAs and DARs for standard certificated aircraft. Plus the monetary impact for the equipment. This cannot be applied to gliders only, although gliders may have the most impact above 10,000 MSL. Not many J-3 Cubs, balloons or hang gliders above 10K.

Plus there are a lot of people on safari, or contest flying right now. I do agree that this needs to be kept on the forefront so pilots do respond smartly to the FAA comment board.

BillT