Old November 17th 17, 03:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Leonard

Default Train Wreck

On Friday, November 17, 2017 at 6:40:00 AM UTC-7, Robert Fidler wrote:
Anyone have a clue when the SSA will disclose the voting record of the selection committee?

The selection committee only administered the vote by peer pilots and tallied the results. They did not exercise the option in the selection process to adjust the results of the vote to reorder the selection list. Some participated in the election / survey they qualified to vote in. Those pilot votes were by secret ballot and should never be disclosed.

The selection committee promised to disclose the rationale if the election results were altered per the process. They did not promise to explain why pilot peers voted the way they did. The ballot did solicit voluntary comments which were also promised to not be attributed. They might be interesting or entertaining, but they are irrelevant except maybe for shaping the next campaign. I don't expect those to be disclosed.

I am not on the committee, but have spoken to several who are, and I definitely had an interest in the outcome.