Old November 30th 06, 01:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.ifr
Ron Natalie

Default Chicago area from the southwest - advice?

Chad Speer wrote:
We're visiting friends who live in downtown Chicago next weekend and
I'm considering a few airports for our visit. Aside from lamenting
about the murder of Meigs (which would have been perfect, of course) or
suggesting a boycott, can anyone offer suggestions as to the best field
and FBO for the visit? We're flying an Archer, so fees and service to
the little guy are of interest.

Actually, as smelly as it sounds, Gary, IN has always been good
to us. Coming from the East it's the last thing before you
hit the big city. We've stopped their for fuel a few times
and have taken their courtesy car over to lunch (they have a
whole list of restaurants they give you with directions).
It's relatively easy to get into Chicago proper from there.