Old July 7th 03, 02:22 PM
MJC

Jim,
I appreciate your willingness to be upfront with your name and email
address, but that's exactly what you DON'T want to do if you intend to keep
your personal email account under control.
If you continue to use your correct email address in your newsgroup
activities, a combination of weirdo's, email harvesting robots, and just
plain jerks are going to continue to send you unwanted email to your
personal account. If someone wants to respond to a message you left in the
newsgroup, then they need to respond to you here as well.
I would love to be as upfront as you, but I have learned my lesson many
times over. It is totally fine that I am known as MJC in the group, and my
reply email address speaks for itself about how I feel about being contacted
personally from news messages. For those who absolutely MUST research my
header and available info, fine, as long as I make it as difficult as
possible for the above named weirdo's, etc. to find me. If I (or others)
abuse the use of the newsgroup, we can always be reported to the "abuse"
people listed in our properties section of the message and _those_ people
will deal with the abuser.
So I would recommend at least entering a bogus dead-end email address in
your newsreader setup. You don't even have to use your real name either.
It's not dishonest, it's a matter of internet survival.

MJC

"Jim Weir" wrote in message
Hey, fellers...

I was always taught that if a subject started in the newsgroups, it STAYED

in
the newsgroups. Lately it seems more and more that in answer to some

aviation
thread in these groups, I'm getting an email request for more information.

Please, if it starts in these groups, let's KEEP it in these groups.

That's the
only way information is shared equally.

Jim

http://www.rst-engr.com