Old May 6th 04, 08:11 PM
Paul Repacholi

"Bill Daniels" writes:

I share your concern about the cavalier approach many pilots have
toward oxygen use. I wouldn't join a quest to tighten the
regulations, however. I'd prefer the education route.

Let me ask this. Would you be satisfied if pilots monitored their
SpO2 with a pulse oxymeter and maintained their oxygen saturation
percentage in the mid to high 90's? I trust no oxygen system and
always use a pulse oxymeter.

Your concern about the use of the "Oxymizer" cannula with a pulse
demand oxygen system is well founded.

Have you seen the article on avweb about Cheane-Stokes breathing?
I think it was in one of John Deakins articles on flying at FL290
for a non-stop CA-KA sort some such nonsense. Nope, but refered to,

See
http://www.avweb.com/news/aeromed/181936-1.html

for some of the details. The URL to the respiration article
is dead, but you may be able to get a copy if you ask.

--
Paul Repacholi 1 Crescent Rd.,
+61 (08) 9257-1001 Kalamunda.