Old January 29th 07, 10:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder

Default Helicopter vs. fixed-wing for leisure

Mxsmanic wrote:
Are there any GA helicopter pilots here? If so, do you fly for
pleasure? Why did you choose to go with a helicopter instead of a
fixed-wing aircraft? What are the advantages and disadvantages? Why
kind of helicopter do you fly, and do you own your own?

I have a helicopter rating and I got it because it looked like it would be
fun. The obvious advantage is vertical take off and landing. The
disadvantage is cost, the lack of availability to rent and the lack of
speed. No, I don't own one but I might build a Mosquito some day. All my
hours but 5 are in a R22 the other 5 are duel in a Bell 206.