Old December 21st 08, 12:39 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Laurie & Jacques

Default Air Canada L-1011

You are right! $$ rules! Canada, I believe has only two to three
operational squadrons of CF-18s. Another for Training new pilots. the rest
are spar parts, or if you wish, spares. Just the same, they will be buying
new planes. They have to. No way getting around it.

Jacques

"Canuck" wrote in message

"Laurie & Jacques" wrote in message
In my own opinion, one of the best aircaraft ever made, along with the
C130. (both models)

Jacques

I really loved it. My most memorable flight on an Air Canada L-1011 was
coming back from London (Heathrow) to Winnipeg. In those days, if you
asked nicely, they would let you go up and visit the cockpit and have a
look around. The crew were very nice to me and let me sit in the jump seat
through the approach and landing into Winnipeg. The conditions were quite
rough. Strong winds and lots of snow...as near to a blizzard as can be. It
was fantastic to see the runway lights just appear out of the gloom. It
was the strangest trip. I left Zagreb in a blizzard, arrived in London
where it was relatively warm and quite humid, and then arrived in a
blizzard again. It was fantastic to be back in Canada. I wish I'd gotten
some pictures of the magnificent sky over Greenland. It was quite amazing.
Although I'd been back and forth over Greenland several times, I'd never
seen anything quite like this. It was twilight and bitterly cold and lots
of ice crystals in the clouds below. The Sun's rays produced a spectacular
prismatic effect in the clouds. Absolutely unforgettable and I wish I had
some way to film it. The very cheap camera I had and the film I had in it
just did not do it justice.

Lockheed makes great aircraft. I love everything they have ever made. Some
of my other favourites are the F-104, the SR-71, the U-2 and of course the
new F-22. I have yet to see a F-22 in person but look forward to it. The
video that has made its way around the Internet is quite spectacular. It
is an amazing aircraft and I wish Canada had bought it instead of the
F-35. I guess it came down to money.

Nick