Old July 10th 04, 08:31 PM
Andrew Gideon

Paul Sengupta wrote:

Like I've said before, apparently the opening line for CAA safety
seminars here in the UK is usually "For just turning up tonight,
you're 20 times less likely to suffer a fatal accident before I've
even said a word...ok, you can all go home now!".

So what can be done to encourage more use of the WINGs program (and other
forms of "post-certification education)?

I could be wrong - it's been a while - but I don't recall my primary CFI
recommending anything outside of "basic" training. In contrast, my CFII
was a real bear about WINGs programs, extra reading, and such. I bump into
him at a lot of these seminars, so he's taking his own advice.

I don't recall ever bumping into the younger "aviation career oriented" CFIs
- but I admit I've not been looking for the few I still know around here.

- Andrew