Old December 8th 05, 05:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default The Gyro House

On 12/8/2005 09:01, Dave Butler wrote:

Mark Hansen wrote:

Perhaps AOPA can help? Can they be petitioned to start a customer
comments section, where pilot/owners can air their horror stories
about problem vendors?

I'm sure AOPA is aware of the problems avweb had when they allowed anyone to
post on their fora. I doubt AOPA would be willing open themselves up for that
liability. Don't recall the details, but someone on one of avweb's fora
badmouthed a well-known aviation attorney, and the attorney either sued or
threatened to sue. I think avweb took down their fora after that, but I haven't
checked lately.

Dave

Okay, then the Better Business Bureau or perhaps even the Federal Trade
Commission. Complaints here can carry a lot of weight.

Sacramento, CA