Old October 28th 04, 07:52 AM
Jay Beckman

Default Q: Upset Training Course Vs Basic Aerobatics?

Hello,

I'm a newly minted PP-ASEL and I'm making a "wish list" of things that can
make me a better, safer pilot.

One of the things I'm very interested in is learning more about dealing with
unusual attitudes and recovering from same.

Would there be advantages to enrolling in a purpose-built "Upset Recovery"
course instead of say, just popping over to the local FBO and scheduling a
hop in a Great Lakes or Decathlon to experience spins and spin recovery?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts on this matter.

Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
PP-ASEL