Old August 31st 03, 11:50 PM
Roger Long

I don't go to SFM very often so I know mostly from what was posted
elsewhere. According to that post, Presidential on the other side of the
field will drive you down to the restaurant or loan you a car. Seems to me
that kind of spoils the fun of parking your plane and looking at it while
you eat.

For a less busy airport, LEW is nice and also has a restaurant. I prefer to
go there rather than deal with the Sunday morning swarm of planes over SFM.
The restaurant at SFM is so full of locals that it can be hard to get a
seat.

I don't know if it is still there but a couple years ago there was a small
seafood restaurant with great and original food a moderate walk from
Machias. MVM is way down there but the flight along the entire coast will
never be forgotten. If anyone is familiar with that area, please let me
know. I'd go down there again for the seafood pasta I had.
--
Roger Long