Old October 13th 03, 11:15 PM
Everett M. Greene

"Casey Wilson" writes:
[snip]
As far at the weather, it is like you said severe-clear most of the
year. But the winds, ah the winds. In the spring we can get winds like you
can't talk about. The National Weather Service classifies a hurricane as
having winds faster than 75MPH. We've done that. And the dust storms -- a
couple years ago a north wind picked up dust(sand) from Owens Lake (just
norht of IYK) and delivered it to San Diego. We call those quarter-inch
winds. The wind blows hard enough to carry quarter-inch gravel.
Well, that may be an exageration.

Have you figured out the ceiling readings issued by China Lake?
I seem to recall a 50,000 ft. "ceiling" being reported and
looking out the window at clouds so thin you could see right
through them. Would anything other than an SR71 be concerned
about that?

Everett M. Greene (The Mojave Greene, crotalus scutulatus scutulatus)
Ridgecrest, Ca. 93555 Path:

The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting
something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.