Old April 20th 07, 05:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Default What makes a successful aviator?

Nomen Nescio writes:

I can tell you that when I was about 4 months from graduation (BS Mechanical
Engineering), the Navy and Air Force were going BTTW to recruit me. I was
wined and dined, lodged, toured, and even fixed up with a couple of
attractive female officers. They were all going to train me to drive ANYTHING
that I wanted, from F-16's to submarines (the coolest tour I got was a fast attack
sub).

All this time, I thought it was the Engineering degree. I guess they'd found out
that I had spent 3 years slinging newsprint at 6 am.

It was probably neither of those things, since both are very common.