Old November 7th 04, 04:13 AM

Hi Ron, thanks for the information.

I agree that a log search is the best way to know what is going on but with
the fleet pushing 35 to 40 years of age, you could take a weekend to read
through it all. The broker FAXed me the pages that talked about the repair.
(Once I told him what dates to look for.) One could really read it over and
not know what they were reading. The statement was something like "replaced
left flap with serviceable used part IAW Cessna service guide."

So, I agree with you that some of the blame falls on me for not reading the
logs thoroughly but again, that could be 3 days just for the airframe.

By the way, should something like this require a 337?

"Ron Natalie" wrote in message
m...

Okay, now I'm ****ed. I'm ****ed that they told me there was no damage
history when a midair collision with substantial damage would definitely
qualify as a damage history to me. I'm ****ed that the on-line NTSB
database didn't show me this. I'm ****ed that I spent over $600 to go

see
the plane. And I'm ****ed that I don't know who's lying to me, the

broker
or the owner.

The NTSB database isn't designed to be some sort of pre-sale reference.
Not all "incidents" are requierd to be reported there, and unless you're
very careful, you might even miss accidents that were reported.

Did you look at the log books? This isn't fool proof but is more likely
to give hints when "repairs" are made than looking around for accident
reports.

My aircraft has been twice damaged SINCE I OWNED IT. One when a renter
taxied it into another aircraft and another when the engine failed on me
during flight. Neither one was required to be reported to the NTSB.

"NDH" is VASTLY overrated. A documented fully repaired damage is much
better than undocumented painted over damage.

A thorugh search of the logs and a careful inspection of the aircraft is
more important.