Old March 23rd 04, 01:28 AM
Thomas F. Dixon

I think all of you are pretty lucky. In Idaho we pay a one time sales
tax of 6% and it only takes the state about 2 weeks from FAA
registration date to send a tax notice.
The big part is the annual fee, it is a killer. $0.01 per LB of max
all up weight, $11.02 for my ASW 27. This fee is used for
search/rescue, airport maint and payroll at the State Aviation Dept.
If one neglects to pay this little thing, then they get a notice for
personal property tax which would be about $1,000 a year on my ship.
Once one gets on the personal property tax roll it takes an act of
someone who stays anonomous so one never can get it off. Needless to
say, my check for the #11.02 is paid early in January.

Tom