Old March 26th 04, 04:17 PM
Marc Ramsey

126Flyr wrote:
For those not familiar with CA politics, the recalled governor raised my
Honda Odyssey "propety tax" (DMV registration fees, etc.) from $229.00
per year to $497.00 on a 3 year old $33,000.00 minivan. That is only
one of the reasons I voted for Arnold despite wanting to see Davis
stew in his political juices for the full term, then really get run
out of Sacramento on a rail. Oops, that's bordering on politics --
really guys, I'm just trying to explain the taxes...

I know many Californians like to forget this, but Davis did not *raise*
the auto "property tax", it was *lowered* a few years back when
California had a huge tax surplus, then Davis *restored* it to its
former levels when the surplus went away. But, why let reality get in
the way of electing Arnold...

Marc