Old May 5th 05, 05:43 AM
Jay Honeck

WOW!
Don't you guys even use the Winds page on the ADDS?
Pick a day and time and step up and down the altitudes.
It will tell you everything you want to know.
Do the same thing with the temperatures at different altitudes.
It's even color coded. Use the streamline display option.

I do occasionally, but today was so picture-perfect (from the ground) that
it never even dawned on me to look.

As I mentioned to Mary, while we were getting tossed around: It's a good
thing we can't see wind and turbulence (the way we can see rapids in a
river) -- because if we could, humans would never have attempted flight.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA