Old June 19th 04, 01:11 AM
Air Force Jayhawk

The reliability of todays' engines means the penalty of carrying 4
engines is no longer considered necessary.

AFJ

On 18 Jun 2004 23:31:58 GMT, "ian maclure" wrote:

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 13:27:09 +0800, Neil Gerace wrote:

It was reported in today's paper that Boeing has been awarded a contract to
develop the USN's Orion replacement. LockMart, the other bidder, lost with
its Orion 21.

The new aircraft, like the RAAF Wedgetail AEW&C platform, will be based on
the Boeing 737-700IGW (or BBJ) airframe.

Call me old fashioned but were I loitering at low alt in mid-ocean
I'd want more than two engines available.

IBM

The Worlds Uncensored News Source