Old June 25th 18, 12:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_6_]

Default Libelle

On Sun, 24 Jun 2018 17:37:23 -0700, fthacorpgov wrote:

In respect to the turbulence
Schumann claimed as being the entire undersurface of the wing perhaps a
turbulator tape applied in the right place on the under surface would
provide a better flow.

My Libelle, an early H.201 with balsa surfaces and both top and bottom
surface brakes, has lower surface turbulation. This is zigzag tape a bit
forward from where the undercambered rear part of the lower surface
starts. It was fitted when I bought it but I'm fairly certain the tape
and instructions were supplied by Glasfaser. Mine runs comfortably at 80
kts without much height loss. I do not have root fairings fitted: would
like fairings but I don't think the fuselage would fit in the trailer
with them on - very narrow trailer.

--
Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie dot org