Old September 1st 19, 11:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Default another crash

Steve Leonard wrote on 8/31/2019 8:33 PM:
On Saturday, August 31, 2019 at 10:19:15 PM UTC-5, kinsell wrote:

It still works for me. Fatal crash of motorglider, Aug 25 at Buckley
Washington, near Tacoma. Clipped trees after takeoff. I'm not finding
anything else.

Registry shows owner has a DG-300. Don't see any evidence of a motor in the pictures. Maybe a low altitude release? Condolences to the family and all his friends.

Steve Leonard

I was told by a person that knows people in the affected club that the pilot was
attempting a landing at the airfield, because he was unable to stay aloft. He was
launched from Bergseth field a few miles away.