Old September 22nd 03, 02:38 PM
James M. Knox

"Brent Rehmel" wrote in
news:dNpbb.540612$o%2.237741@sccrnsc02:

I don't know. I would think that being able to buy a brand new Zodiac
601 XL, ready-to-fly for $42,500 would be welcome news to flight
schools. The Rotax engine will also burn 90 octane mogas which should
be welcome as well. The Zodiac has aluminum skin and can be tied down,
rather than hangared; it should work almost identically to a Piper
Tomahawk for less money. Perhaps this could translate to more
introductory rides and perhaps to a larger rental fleet.

Hopefully you will be correct. A significant part of the per hour cost of
a rental is the "return on investment" - especially for the rare school
that has nicer looking (newer) planes.

It's not entirely clear yet exactly how all this could translate for those
pursuing a regular PP-ASEL. For example, could you do all your training in
a Zodiac certificated under Light Sport but still get a regular PP ticket?

James M. Knox
TriSoft ph 512-385-0316
1109-A Shady Lane fax 512-366-4331
Austin, Tx 78721