Old November 14th 09, 03:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan[_6_]

Default Wanted: Article from Soaring, March 1998

On Nov 14, 6:41*am, Lewis Hartswick wrote:
Tim Taylor wrote:

Don't do it! *Send the wheel to Vintage Brake in Sonora California.
The Steckner mod is self energizing but won't release properly once
engaged.

http://www.vintagebrake.com/

Any company that uses the term "billet" in their ads looks
like they are mainly aimed at the motorcycle crowd. I thought
the soaring community had a bit more intelligence than to
use such language. :-(

yes, they do a lot of brake work on motorcycles. Don't hold that
against them.
They did a great job on my Tost wheel brake and for a good price and
on schedule.
I give Vintage Brake a big thumbs up.
Dan