Old December 1st 06, 10:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval

Default New NavAir Changes

On 30 Lis, 21:51, "Mike Weeks" wrote:
wrote:

I could even find HS-8 redesignating to HSC-8 (no more ASW missions for
the squadron then). The link is great!I think that means no more _dedicated_ ASW missions. Just as VS went

from anti-submarine to sea control. The S-3s still did _some_ (or
little) ASW work.

In this case it is a matter of hardware - the squadron is slated to
transition to MH-60S - so, as HSC-8, it will be probably paired with
one of new HSMs within one of the PACFLT air wings...

All the fleet HS squadrons are going to become HSC, as have the HC
squardons. This is really going to be fun to keep straight.

I am not sure, would have to look it up in a MH-60R/S transition plan
I've seen. In fact, many HSC or HSMs will be redesignated current HS,
HC, and HSLs, but also there are going to be some totally new
squadrons...