Old August 30th 04, 08:13 PM
Jim Carriere

Shiver Me Timbers wrote:

Sla#s wrote:

There was a photo in Rotorbreeze years ago of a Bell 47 that got a kite
string wound round the mast. The pilot said he only just managed to get the
machine back down on the ground as the controls almost completely locked up.

How long is a piece of string.

I've been told to go fly a kite a few times but it's been a long long
time since I actually flew one.

BUT..... If you had a kite a few hundred feet in the air even with a
thin and light line it would have to have some tensile strength.

That and it quickly gets wrapped around several times, effectively
multiplying it's strength.

I wonder if they gave he kite back to the owner (I don't think I would)?