Old May 1st 04, 02:57 AM
Mark James Boyd

I'm a newbie to the sport. I'm a member of SSA because my club
requires membership. I enjoy the magazine.

I'm only a member of organizations that provide a magazine or
newletter (except one

The website is pretty stale. I look at the classifieds and at contest
results when someone I know is competing. Personally, I think the
website leaves a lot to be desired. I anxiously await the new site.

Websites are just a collection of files, for the most part.
Not really like a new TV show with original content.
I for one am happy with the website as a "dictionary" type resource,
and using the magazine for "hot new topics"

BLIPMAPS are worth more to me than what I know that I get from SSA. I
phrase it that way because I believe I get more from SSA than I'm
aware of.

If not for SSA, I'd guess there would be NO
glider ops at public airports. I'm a member for this, and
the mag of course.

The soaring community needs to support Dr. Jack. It would be best if
that support came through the SSA. Again, I'm new to all of this. I'm
still trying to figure out if I believe the BLIPMAPS. I'd estimate
that I look at BLIPMAPS at least 20 times for every time I look at
SSA.

Dr. Jack BLIPs are gonna go bye bye no matter what. His
time is more valuable than money. He's written as much. If
they survive, then like the TIPs somebody else is just
gonna take them over and do the maintenance. That person
if they do advertising on the site too might make
a few bucks...I hope it goes this way...

Dr. Jack developed the products. Maintaining them is
just not his area of happiness...
--

Mark Boyd