Old January 7th 04, 05:45 PM
Snowbird

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message news:FeGKb.751015$HS4.5883554@attbi_s01...
So here's my contributions to this heroic list.

Can you add any more to this list?

TSK, Jay, and you've even been there!

The Historic Aircraft Restoration Museum at Creve Coeur, MO.
Fly in, land on pavement or grass. If you come on Sunday
join the throng for lunch, $5 for a good carnivorous meal
that the charge must barely cover. Catch an eyeful of more
antique rare and homebuilt aircraft flying around than you'll
see at most fly-ins.

The other Saturday was a bit thin. Between Christmas and New
Years, and a kicking wind. We drove up while our daughter
napped. I taxiied to the end of the runway, mag prob, taxiied
back, failed to find the problem, watched our daughter while DH
found the problem (shorted top plug -- but I couldn't see it.
would I have had sense enough to swap plugs between cylinders
were I on my own? hope so, next time), taxiied out for a couple
short hops to be sure the problem was fixed and our friends could
go flying.

Only there an hour, hour and a half, maybe. Still saw two
Stearmans and a Pitts, flown by people who can handle a 20 kt
xwind on pavement dragging tail, and make it look simple.

Cheers,
Sydney