Old April 28th 07, 04:03 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Steven P. McNicoll

Default An Interview With Chuck Yeager

"Snidely" wrote in message

Not a good one for Yeager. He comes off as being quite arrogant and not a
little condescending. I'd heard rumblings from time to time that he's sort
of a prick, but until now had not seen or heard anything concrete.

I think it is sad.

I've heard him described as an arrogant braggard, but I don't think he comes
off as bad as you think in this interview. His comments about Gabreski are
what raised my eyebrows. The interviewer said Gabreski shot down a lot of
airplanes, Yeager "corrected" him, stating that Gabreski destroyed a lot of
airplanes but many were on the gtound. I believe Gabreski is credited with
28 aerial victories and 2.5 aircraft destroyed on the ground in WWII, with
an additional 6.5 aerial victories in Korea. Yeager is credited with 11.5
victories.