Old December 31st 18, 05:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

Default Tow Immunity Syndrome

Nope, not a towpilot.
Yes, been around for about 4 decades, in a club as well at contests.

I can understand the TP issues.

I will give up a tow spot if I'm not ready. My job is to be ready, no need to hurt the next in line or make the TP wait.

Good ground crew will give about 1 minute heads up to next tow. Pilot not ready, yank you back a slot or so.
You (glider pilot) need to be ready.
Operations need to shovel others up in the air.

If I am not ready in my mind, I have no issues getting bumped a slot or two.

Yes, during my deadtime on the ground, I have no issues running liquids or snacks to the TP.
Yes, I have a family member that tows, so I have some more reason.