Old October 19th 18, 02:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Whisky

Default 17.6 meter tips for Ventus C ?

Le vendredi 19 octobre 2018 14:58:57 UTC+2, JS a écritÂ*:
On Thursday, October 18, 2018 at 9:49:06 PM UTC-7, Tango Whisky wrote:
Funny though. I haven't yet seen a Ventus C with 16.6 m tips in Europe.

Wasn't it the B that had optional 16.6m tips?
The C 17.6m tips are essentially the same as the Nimbus 3 25.5m tips - without the spoileron you never hook up anyway.
The Schempp tips are more easily interchangeable than Schleicher tips.
Jim

The Ventus a/b comes in 15 and 16.6 m, and the Ventus C (as far as I know it) comes with 15 and 17.6 m. The ailerons on the 17.6 m tips travel only upwards. The C wings was changed from trailing edge airbrakes to standard Schempp-Hirth airbrakes, the fuselage is the Ventus b fuselage improved by a wingroot fairing.

I don't think that it would be a good idea to fit the 17.6 m tips to a Ventus a/b.

Bert
Ventus cM "TW"