Old July 1st 03, 08:26 PM
toadmonkey

On 27 Jun 2003 06:36:44 GMT, (Stephen Austin) wrote:

Find a flight school, get a medical certificate, and start flying, is how
you do it. Many thousands is how much it costs. If you can get a medical
certificate, you likely can get a commercial license if you want. I've
flown with a check pilot with one leg, & we currently have a commercial
pilot with one leg.

From what I've seen if a person can demonstrate the ability to properly control
the aircraft they stand a good chance of getting any physical deformities
waived. I know an airplane flight instructor who, if I'm not mistaken, is one
of the last thalidomide babies. Regardless of cause he has no hands and no
feet. He controls the airplane by using rubber bands around the yoke and his
flippers and is fitted with prosthetic legs (I knew him for a while before I
ever realized he had the prosthesis on his legs). He's quite successful as an
instructor. It might not be easy, just depends on how determined you are.
Where there's a will there's a way.

Stephen Austin
Austin Ag Aviation
Charleston, Missouri

Stephen, my disability is not physical. It's called TBI.
TM

--
Toadmonkey: "Now now. Brain popping and world crashing may be hazardous to ones perception of reality.
Very dangerous business that can lead to madness or something worse for some, truth."

Please remove all bits of spam from addy before replying....